I think it depends what you mean by rare. For example coverage is spottier in Old High German and Faroese than Norse, and within the Old Norse corpus there's a problem getting translations of skaldic verses, or even complete texts.
But the voluspa.org site will be nicely comprehensive when it's updated. For example I am still working on the Nafnaþulur, the one section of the Prose Edda that is flat out not available in English, and that's for that site.
Until then, the short answer is no, though Google Books helps more and more.
Like weofodthignen said, it depends on what you mean by rare. I know sacred-texts.com has a lot of the Norse lore (and a ton of lore in general). I don't know if it will have what you're looking for, but it might be worth checking out.
(no subject)
Date: 2009-05-05 08:22 pm (UTC)I think it depends what you mean by rare. For example coverage is spottier in Old High German and Faroese than Norse, and within the Old Norse corpus there's a problem getting translations of skaldic verses, or even complete texts.
But the voluspa.org site will be nicely comprehensive when it's updated. For example I am still working on the Nafnaþulur, the one section of the Prose Edda that is flat out not available in English, and that's for that site.
Until then, the short answer is no, though Google Books helps more and more.
Frith,
M
(no subject)
Date: 2009-05-05 10:02 pm (UTC)(no subject)
Date: 2009-05-06 01:45 pm (UTC)(no subject)
Date: 2009-05-06 03:33 pm (UTC)(no subject)
Date: 2009-05-21 01:34 am (UTC)They don't have much but it might be worth your time.
(no subject)
Date: 2009-05-21 03:48 am (UTC)